Banana Bread without sugar or oilAs promised, Banana Bread made without sugar or oil. Lets start with my banana were not ripe enough. So while the website where I got the recipe said how to ripen the bananas I didn’t see it right away and found another website that said how to do it. This guy’s name was Justin Chapple and I love watching him.
He said it was simple, just put them in the oven at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes and they are done. I disagree, it took 20 minutes.
Now for the Banana Bread without sugar or oil
Banana Bread (Sugar and Oil Free!)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (well packed) mashed banana (her website stays about 2 large bananas, but I needed 4)
- 1/2 cup apple sauce (used store bought unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease loaf pan or use parchment paper.
- In large bowl, beat the eggs with a beater until fluffy.
- Mush the ripe bananas (measure them out), add the apple sauce and eggs.
- Add milk and vanilla and mix well.
- In another bowl mix all dry ingredients.
- Add wet to dry ingredients.
- Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake 45 mins.
I tasted it and didn’t think it had enough banana taste. Michael agreed with me, Lily said she didn’t like it, Katherine and Allison thought it was ok, and Gabriella loved it! Since I was also making this for a co worker I took it to work for her. She shared with several people who said it was good, most said it was missing walnuts (I tried to find some we had bought, but I couldn’t (still can’t). There were also a few people that thought it needed more sweetness. Maybe next time I will use regular applesauce instead of unsweetened, but the point was to cut out the sugar for Michael. I might try this one again, I am not sure, it was a hit with some and not with others but it was very simple to make!
I am hoping my next post will be a couple of projects we did for my mom last year, I am just trying to get the pictures edited.