We had two loaves of bread that wasn’t as soft as everyone likes for sandwiches. I could save it for feeding the ducks or make french toast. French toast sounded like a great idea, but it was a little plain so I decided to add Nutella and roll the bread up. This is what I made for breakfast on Saturday before Allison last Upward Game of the season.
- 2 loaves of bread
- 8 eggs
- A splash of milk
- Nutella (or filling of choice)
- Cut off the crusts of the bread (freeze the crust and heels to make bread pudding cups later)
- Flatten the bread as much as you can
- Spread a strip of Nutella down the middle (or filling of choice)
- Roll the bread up as tight as you can
- In a bowl thoroughly whisk the eggs and milk together
- Dip the rolled bread into the egg mixture
- Place seam side down on a hot griddle (we had our set to 400)
- Turn the rolls to where it will cook to golden brown on all sides, if the tops are a little raw stand the up for a few seconds to finish them
- Serve and enjoy
These were a huge hit with the girls! I had some leftover so I put them in the freezer to see if it is something I can make ahead for the summer. This morning I grabbed them from the freezer, put it on a plate and popped them in the microwave for 1 minute. They tasted pretty good still! So this is definitely something that on one Saturday I am going to make a whole bunch to throw in the freezer for an on the go breakfast.